Unless you have experienced the difference between a good and bad throat hit, the term can be a bit confusing. You don't want to vape just for the sake of vaping; you want to truly have a positive experience in order to enjoy it time and time again. To get to that point of finding the right throat hit, you may have to use a little experimentation. You see, finding just the right e-juice to get that perfect throat hit can be complicated. Since a good throat hit is vital to a successful vaping session, you need to discover ways to hopefully perfect that throat hit once and for all.
Getting the right throat hit can be trial and error. First, take a look at how you pull on your vaping device. Weak pulls give weak throat hits. To generate a good amount of vapor, a pull should last about 5 seconds.
Everyone has a different preference when it comes to the strength of their throat hit. Some like it strong, others like it very strong, still others like it a little weaker.
First, for those who want a strong to really strong throat hit, here are several things you can try:
- Using a hemp wick, as opposed to cotton. This will make your throat hit stronger.
- You can decrease the airflow of your MOD for a hotter vape.
- Try a menthol or citrus e-juice. This really packs a punch in terms of throat hit strength. There are a wide variety of flavors here at Rock Bottom Vapes when it comes to e-juice. You need to find one with enough vapor to provide enough flavor for that perfect throat hit you long for.
- Increase the temperature of your MOD to intensify the throat hit.
- Use a higher nicotine e-juice.
- Make sure the battery of your device is clean and charged. You should clean the tank and the battery on a weekly basis to keep things running smooth.
- Try a high voltage device. This will warm the liquid even more, producing a smoother vapor, and a better throat hit.
If you are a vaper who prefers a gentler throat hit, you are in luck as well, as there are steps you can take:
- Try decreasing nicotine strength. Just as increasing provides a stronger throat hit, decreasing does the opposite.
- Try a VG liquid at over 70%. This will provide the gentle throat hit you are looking for.
- When choosing an e-juice, go for something sweet. Try something creamy or coffee flavored. These provide smooth throat hits.
- You can increase airflow to make the vapor cooler.
- Use a cotton wick for a simple solution to a gentle throat hit.
Why is finding the right throat hit so important? It provides a feeling of satisfaction for the vaper, and without it, you won't have a pleasing vaping session. So getting it just right is important to vapers of all levels.